In this episode I spoke to Borja Rodriguez, the founder of Vacation Marbella. After quitting his job in finance he decided to try his hand at the vacation rental business. He started by sub-leasing a few properties on Airbnb, Booking.com and VRBO and in less than three years later he has grown a full fledged business managing over 70 properties with 16 employees. To get a full idea of his operation you can watch the Marbella episode of Sense of Place.
If you want to try out Airbnb and as host or traveler please use my link to get $40 off your first trip.
The sponsor for this show is My Retirement Rehab. Click here and get a complete education in retirement in the new economy
– Sense of Place Episode 6 – Marbella – First Who, Then What (5:30)
– Borja’s background (8:36)
– His business strategy (9:40)
– How he built it into a stable, scalable business (11:40)
– His hiring practices (13:25)
– Is it hard to be an entrepreneur in Spain? (16:00)
– Options for financing a vacation rental business (19:20)
– Is the vacation rental market becoming too competitive? (28:40)
– How to drive traffic to your vacation rental website (34:20)
– Which websites are the best to use to get bookings (36:30)
– Which management softwares to use. (38:00)
– Meet the guest or self check in? (46:30)
– How becoming an entrepreneur has improved his life. (49:00)
– Some other good locations. (51:15)
– Recommendations to get started in Vacation Rentals. (52:30)
– Borja’s recommendations to aspiring entrepreneurs (54:00)
Thanks for listening!
We hope you enjoyed this podcast. If so, please leave a review here. It REALLY helps us out!
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Borderless Podcast on iTunes